I have been feeling humble lately over some defects in Ashford and that some people have struggled to customize their site. So this morning when I got an email from Ernie who is working on a site for St. Peter UMC, I opened it with joy:
Thanks for Ashford. Awesome theme!
This customization of Ashford takes advange of the features that I like best:
- Custom logo and background ~ the default blog title and tagline have been replaced using Theme Options
- Hero images ~ the image of the church located under the main navigation
- Drop down menus ~ primary navigation was generated from using the WordPress page heirarchy
- Page templates ~ the static home page is built using a three column page template
- Widgets ~ the page columns and the footer is built using WordPress Widgets
It should be noted that this site uses Ashford for free. If they wanted to add the Ashford Lightbox plugin or the Pro Blogger layout, they could buy Pro. They are using a third-party lightbox plugin it looks like, the Ashford Lightbox would optimize the code for better performance and IMHO work simplier.